Wedding Planning: Pick words then colors by Kim Screen

    Since I've just been through the wedding planning thing I must share this one overall thought. I had several people ask, in our wedding planning days, what our "wedding colors" were - for the invitation, tables, etc. And even though I’m big on color, I really cringed at this question. It felt like such a surface place to start planning something so special. Steven and I had a realization early on. I’m big on color, yes. But above all, we're both big on words. And so instead of colors we picked words we hoped would represent our wedding. It’s like any design project: pick a concept first, then make it look good. For us, this approach just felt right.

    So, our words?
    creative
    meaningful
    intimate

    And here’s a peek at what that meant for us:





    from top to bottom: walking to our handmade driftwood tent structure on the beach in Tofino, BC – my favorite place!; for our centerpieces we used the Japanese glass balls my family beach combed in the 1960’s and I made all our menus and printed pieces; handmade driftwood signs - a favorite beach craft project; our tent structure sparkling at night; army blankets for when it got cold; polaroids on our driftwood poles; a view of our head table we made from a 250-year old reclaimed cedar tree.

Post Title

Wedding Planning: Pick words then colors by Kim Screen


Post URL

http://tealoveanarchy.blogspot.com/2007/08/wedding-planning-pick-words-then-colors.html


Visit tea love anarchy for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive