Still Out & About...on my Trip

    First, I'd like to know how was your 4th of July weekend? I happen to be away still and am now in Texas. I should be home tomorrow and away from this awful humidity. I LOVE dry climates, mainly because MY HAIR, being naturally curly... holds up better than in HUMID weather! 

    While here in TEXAS I've decided to hit some of the antique shops. They had quite a collection of interesting items although I ended up buying only a couple things: A large nun's wooden rosary and a few bars of soap imported from France. Below is a highlight of my trip to some of the antique shops. Enjoy!

    So, what are the best antique shops in your town? I'd love to know!











    Below is the 'The Red Rooster' in New Braunfels - this place was pretty large & even had it's own cafe' inside- with tons of people. I loved it!


     


     

     



    Below we visited 'Gruene River Antiques'. A two story shop with lots of old & interesting pieces!

     

     

     


    We also ate lunch at a little place called "The River House Tea Room" - which was delicious! Both the food as well as the fresh brewed black (iced) tea they served!

     


     

    Below was my plate, pistachio-crusted pork tenderloin with mashed potatoes and veggies.




    And below is what my husband ordered: grilled reuben panini with tortillas.




    Here's the LARGE vintage nun's rosary I bought at one of the shops. It's large and super pretty in person!!


    images by jen from my iPhone


    I'm always looking to check out shops in other cities. So, what are the best antique stores in your town? Which is your favorite??  I'd love to know! 






Post Title

Still Out & About...on my Trip


Post URL

http://tealoveanarchy.blogspot.com/2010/07/still-out-abouton-my-trip.html


Visit tea love anarchy for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive