Looking to Remodel your Kitchen??

    Before remodeling, ask yourself these questions:

     "Is there anything I can do as a DIY to save money?" 
    If you really feel you and your significant other (or a good friend) can install cabinets, tile, back splash or any other, then go for it. My husband installed all of our kitchen cabinets. He saved us a ton of money and we were happy with the results and the savings!  However, the one thing I wouldn't recommend installing is electrical/lighting in your kitchen. Electrical work can be dangerous so it's best to leave that job to a professional.

    " Should I hire someone who quotes me a cheaper price even if they don't have a license?"
    Always make sure you check references or their website before you hire a contractor. You don't want to end up with a kitchen DISASTER & then not be able to do much about it! We experienced this once, as we were short on funds and tried to save money.  BIG mistake. It turned out for the worse and we ended up having to pay double and take time off work to complete the reno ourselves! All in all, you are better protected if you hire someone who is licensed. 

     "Is my renovation realistic & within my budget?"
    Always set a budget. Examine your space & make sure you plan your kitchen layout prior to hiring anyone.  Research online or at your local store for the cabinets you want. Try to choose kitchen cabinets that fit into the style of your home so your house will remain attractive to future potential buyers.

    " Should I hire a contractor that has been recommended by a friend?"
    I would say that you should definitely consider hiring someone that comes highly recommended by a friend. If you've seen their work before, you will have a better idea of what to expect in your renovation.

     Here are some of my FAVORITES from the House to Home UK  website.   



Post Title

Looking to Remodel your Kitchen??


Post URL

http://tealoveanarchy.blogspot.com/2010/02/looking-to-remodel-your-kitchen.html


Visit tea love anarchy for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive