'Days With My Father'.... (Now in Book Form)

    FATHER'S DAY is just around the corner and I'm sure many of you are looking forward to it.  It's not often I get to see MY DAD, as he doesn't live in the same state as I do...which makes it tough. In fact, the last time I saw him was for my wedding this past January. I already miss him sitting at my breakfast table (trying to eat healthier food). My dad (unfortunately) isn't one to eat a healthy diet, so when he was here visiting me...my husband & I made sure he ate healthy meals. Am I worried that he doesn't eat healthier foods?  Of course.

    This leads me to this post about "Days with my Father", a photo journal that was all over the internet a couple years ago & is now finally in book form. The book is by Photographer, Phillip Toldedano who photographs and narrates his father's last years alive.  Phillip's father goes through severe memory loss after the death of Phillip's mother and throughout the process he captures his dad in his many changing states. The book is more like a HEART-BREAKING photo essay documenting his 98 year old father.


    You can get your copy of "Days with my Father" here.

    If you'd like to read this AMAZING journal on the website, go here.
    (don't forget you must click through the images to keep reading)



    I recall the first time I came across Phillip's website, it was very touched to say the least... and definitely made me think of my own father...   As well as sad moments, there were moments of bittersweet HUMOR. 

    I PURCHASED this book last night & I highly recommend it! It's nice to know that I have access to it in book form to share with others.







    Have you read Phillip's journal yet?? What will YOU be doing on Father's day?





Post Title

'Days With My Father'.... (Now in Book Form)


Post URL

http://tealoveanarchy.blogspot.com/2010/06/with-my-father-now-in-book-form.html


Visit tea love anarchy for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive