All Re-Upholstered.....My Louis Chairs (Via Made By Girl)

    My Louis chairs arrived from my upholsterer, Alex Rivas, yesterday....woo hoo! I was so thrilled to finally get them!! They did a great job & I can't wait to pair these chairs up with a NEW table! I'm pretty much decided on the Flatiron table from Restoration Hardware, (even though it's on back order until end of Sept.).


    I really think the pairing of solid reclaimed elm doors and cast metal on the Flatiron table (see pic of table below) along with newly upholstered new chairs will look quite interesting!


    What do you think so far?? I'd love to hear your comments.


    (click on pics for larger image)







    I have to admit, I was VERY inspired by Robert & Cortney's kitchen dining table & chairs. I knew I wanted something WHITE that would wipe down easily, so I decided on an off-white pleather for the chair seat. I believe it's also what they have on their chairs (according to an interview I read). 

    It's just EASIER to wipe down, I love it!  I chose brass nail heads for my chairs, I thought it gave it a slight vintage feel.


    above: dining room image sixx design







    below is the BEFORE pic for those of you who missed my original post .



    On a SAD note, my upholsterer's shop BURNED DOWN a few weeks BEFORE I brought my chairs in, but they are currently working out of a temporary space. They also lost one of their dogs in the FIRE along with their entire business. It's so heartbreaking and I wish them the best. Alex & his partner, Perry both run Alex Rivas Upholstery here in Nevada & they are affordable and highly professional. I highly recommend them for upholstery work. 


    You can visit their site here to see what their shop used to look like. They're also the ones who upholstered my white PROVINCIAL SOFA you see on my blog banner!  




    images of white chairs by jen ramos

Post Title

All Re-Upholstered.....My Louis Chairs (Via Made By Girl)


Post URL

http://tealoveanarchy.blogspot.com/2010/08/all-re-upholsteredmy-louis-chairs-via.html


Visit tea love anarchy for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive