Quick DIY Tiramisu .....(without the alcohol).

    My guy cooks for me all the time & I'm so grateful to him for all the amazing TREATS he makes for me! He made this one yesterday & I wanted to share it with all of you.


    It's a super quick RECIPE for a non-alcoholic Tiramisu dessert. So, for any of you in AA, this is ideal. Rather than having to use fresh, spongy ladyfingers, this one uses ladyfinger cookies that I got at a neighborhood Italian restaurant - though they are crisp, they're STILL light and not too sweet!


    Start with packaged ladyfingers.  Use 2 for each dessert.  Cut in half and place criss-crossed into a ramekin or small dish.


    Make one espresso.  You can also use instant coffee but make it strong. I made mine with my Tassimo machine.



    Sweeten the coffee with sugar or Splenda.

     

    Slightly sweeten (1/2 tsp) mascarpone cheese with Splenda & mix it.  If you can't get mascarpone, you can opt for similar cream cheeses like ricotta.  NOTE - it spreads MUCH better if you let it reach near-room-temperature first.

     

    Put 1 1/2 tablespoon of espresso on the ladyfingers - they should be moistened but not drenched.


    Dollop 1 to 2 tablespoons of the cheese on top of the ladyfingers depending on your taste.  Spread it evenly over the cookies with a little pressure to push it in.


    Sprinkle cocoa powder on top (about 1/2 teaspoon - here I used a tea strainer to do it evenly).


    Chill for at least 15 minutes covered.



    Shave or break small chocolate pieces for the top and enjoy!
     
    photos from made by girl

Post Title

Quick DIY Tiramisu .....(without the alcohol).


Post URL

http://tealoveanarchy.blogspot.com/2010/08/quick-diy-tiramisu-without-alcohol.html


Visit tea love anarchy for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive