My DIY Dining Chair Project.....In Progress

    The Louis chairs I bought are coming along nicely! We are done with the sanding & have chosen a white faux leather fabric along with white semi-gloss paint for the chairs. Thank you to all of you who gave me ideas via my Twitter & on this blog post last week! I'm NOW waiting for my upholsterer to come pick up the chairs so he can cover them in the white fabric & brass nail head accents! 

    For the table, I'm SERIOUSLY considering buying the Flatiron Kitchen table from Restoration Hardware. Thanks to Naomi of Thirteenth & South blog for suggesting it! 


    I'd love to hear what you all think so far.....

    HOW we painted the chairs:

    We used a power sprayer (I highly recommend) by Wagner as you can see below....it's the one on the floor behind the chairs. Power sprayers are very efficient at covering large objects quickly, but cleaning the sprayer is tedious!
    If you're going to be spraying with this type of machine, make sure you keep your flow even & wipe up drips quickly. Always start from top and work your way toward the bottom. REMEMBER... for best results,  you SHOULD sand the wood prior to using the sprayer! 

    Personally, I think we could have gotten a better sprayer for this DIY project, so maybe next time....More to come!

    p.s. I finally SOLD my old dining table on Craigslist!!


    images by jen ramos




Post Title

My DIY Dining Chair Project.....In Progress


Post URL

http://tealoveanarchy.blogspot.com/2010/08/my-diy-dining-chair-projectin-progress.html


Visit tea love anarchy for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive